Court orders for child support, spousal support, child custody and visitation can be changed as circumstances change. At Bruce A. Chamberlain Law Office we assist men and women in securing a child support modification or change of custody order. If you live in the New London, Connecticut, area and are looking for a post-divorce modification lawyer, talk to our lawyer today.

Contact our office online to talk to an experienced child support lawyer about possible changes in your existing child support, alimony or custody and visitation order.

Child Support Modifications

If your income has been reduced due to illness, job loss, or cuts in time of pay, you may be eligible for a reduction in child support obligations. If your child support payment included child care and your child is no longer receiving child care, you may be eligible for a reduction in support. On the other hand, if your income has increased by 15 percent or your child's needs have increased, you may find that you owe additional support.

Spousal Support Modifications

Your initial court order for spousal support (alimony) was based upon a number of factors, including the time the judge estimated it would take for your former spouse to get back on her or his feet. If your spouse has remarried, or has found employment that allows him or her to become self-sufficient and to maintain a similar lifestyle, you may petition for the elimination in spousal support.

Child Custody and Visitation Modifications

There are a number of reasons that a parent might ask for a change in child custody or child visitation orders. It can be as simple as parents choosing to share custody of a child more equitably, giving the non-custodial parent rights to more visitation time. Or a court petition may result when one parent wishes to move out of state and child visitation becomes difficult for the non-custodial parent. In this instance, the non-custodial parent may seek custody or may seek to prevent the parent from leaving with the child.

The non-custodial parent may seek a change in custody if the custodial parent is unfit for parenting for reasons of illness or chemical dependency or incarceration. In some cases, a parent's changing work situation may make a custody change desirable.

Reach Out to Us Today

Divorce and child custody attorney Bruce A. Chamberlain works with clients and families to ensure that their child's needs are met in child custody and support decisions. Call our law office at 860-612-8950 to talk to an attorney about petitioning the court for a modification of court order of support of child custody and visitation.